Construction Project Manager Position
The Highland Group, LLC. is currently accepting resumes for the position of Construction Project Manager.
- Position Type: Full Time, Exempt
- Reports To: President
- Starting Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Benefits: Benefits include vacation & holiday pay, professional development opportunities, etc.
- Target Start Date: 2-4 weeks
Instructions: Interested applicants should apply by email only (no paper resumes) to email@example.com Applications should include your resume along with a brief cover letter including your reason for interest in this position, why you are qualified, and your salary history. References are not requested at this time but, may be included. We will not contact your current employer and all applications will be kept in confidence. Successful applicants will be subject to a reference check and background check at a later time.
As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for organizing and effectively executing the administrative activities that facilitate the efficient and successful completion of construction projects.
You will be responsible for the activities on specific projects in preparation of construction management scopes, and determining levels of effort for its execution. The position manages all aspects associated with the construction administration of construction projects; project budgets, schedules, supply chain management, customer service, Project Superintendent, etc. . As Project Manager, you will be responsible for producing quality deliverables on-time and within budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a high standard;
- Regularly conduct pre-construction conferences and construction progress meetings, prepare & distribute meeting minutes, identify and resolve issues, and react to feedback from architects, engineers, subcontractors, vendors, and other project team members;
- Procurement process management to include; Subcontract Agreement preparation and Buy-out; Purchase Orders; Subcontractor Pay Applications and Change Orders; Subcontractor Change Order Directives; Lien Waivers, Warranties, among others;
- Management of Correspondence to include; RFI’s; Submittals; Transmittals; Comply Notices; Journal Logs; and Daily Log Reviews;
- Management of the construction budget, job costs monitoring and control;
- Develop and maintain project schedule and communicate changes to supply chain and project management team;
- Support and assist Project Superintendents to insure effective completion of project objectives;
- Maintain safety on projects, and adherence to OSHA safety standards;
- Interpret and explain construction plans and identify appropriate construction methods;
- Identify pertinent Local, County, State, and/or Federal government regulations and general code requirements, ADA requirements, permitting processes and requirements, and accepted building practices, materials and techniques.
- Responsible for keeping all parties of the contract informed of clarifications and interpretations as required for proper execution of the contract.
- Other duties as may be assigned by Management.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to fulfill the obligations of this position successfully.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, College Degree Preferred
- 10 or more years’ experience successfully managing construction projects
- Certifications in safety, OSHA training, and general continuing education
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR, ABILITIES REQUIRED
- The Candidate must be able to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times primarily as it relates to interactions with fellow employees, clients, vendors and, others whom assist us in our operations. Additionally, the Candidate is expected to insure their attire is in accordance with a professional office environment.
- Candidate must possess excellent communication skills to include written, oral and, interpersonal skills.
- Proficient use of technology and all major office-related computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software (Microsoft Office or similar) are required. Further the applicant must be comfortable with cloud based applications, nor merely computer based ones. Additionally, training on company specific software will be required therefore, the Candidate must be willing and committed to learning and becoming proficient in new software programs quickly.
- This position is a field-based and office-based position, as required. Carrying or handling materials may be necessary.
- This position requires that the individual holding it provide his or her own transportation (the company does reimburse employees for mileage incurred during the course of business but, not for mileage to and from home), a valid Alabama Driver License, sufficient automobile insurance, and their own mobile phone.
- Highland Group, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Highland Group, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Highland Group, LLC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Highland Group, LLC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THIS POSITION.